1. Projection is as that requested
- Correct name, see request form
- Correct dept ID (Hospital information & Patient Number)
- Does it obscure any detail on the radiograph?
- Has the correct marker been applied
- Is it in the correct position?
- Is it away from area of examination?
4. Area Under Examination
- Limits of the examination superiorly, inferiorly and lateraly / medialy
- Does it include all the relevant information?
- Is it the correct projection?
- Patient position
- Correct centring point
7. Image Quality
- Is there sufficient density and penetration to visualise the required
- bony and/or soft tissue structures?
- Is there sufficient radiographic contrast to visualise the required
- bony and/or soft tissue structures of interest?
- Is there any unsharpness?
8. Could the image quality be improved?
- Are there any avoidable artefacts? If YES, what to do
9. Diagnostic Acceptability
- Does this radiograph require a repeat?